inSparq is a New York tech startup that is re-inventing how products are sold online. We are taking what is most compelling about real-world shopping and building solutions that improve product discovery and social engagement for major retailers. The company is backed by an amazing group of angels and VCs, and has deep connections into the NYC startup ecosystem.
Intern: Junior Product Manager
At inSparq, we help major retailers connect their shoppers with items they love. We are seeking a Junior Product Manager intern to support our product development efforts. As a Product intern at inSparq, you will operate at the unique intersection of UX, business, and technology. inSparq’s Product team works closely with our engineers to steer products from conception to launch and with our clients to custom tailor our products to their needs. You will:
- Work with engineers to drive products and features from concept to launch
- Collaborate with business partners to develop strategies tailored to their current needs and anticipate their future ones
- Work cross-functionally across all teams in the company, from Sales and Marketing to Engineering
- Understand and analyze user needs
- Help to define a product vision and strategy
- Work in a dynamic start-up environment to build and launch new products and features
- Currently pursuing BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Mathematics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance, Statistics or a related program or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organization and analytical abilities
- Strong technical abilities
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Orian Breaux at email@example.com.
Intern: Business Development
Are you interested in a career in business development? Do you want to be a master strategist and dealmaker? Do you excel at Excel and PowerPoint, but want to up your game?
If you answered “YES” to the questions above, then you should consider applying to inSparq’s Business Development Internship program.
You will learn from one of the leading business development executives in the industry:
- How to get a meeting with a top executive or CEO.
- How to develop and execute on large scale business development strategies.
- How to manage operations for business development.
Your internship will be the equivalent of getting an MBA in business development.
Through this internship, you will have a chance to work closely with the CEO, Veronika Sonsev, who has closed hundreds of deals representing $500MM+ in revenue.
- You know how to tell a story and have great presentation in all forms of communication.
- You are a master of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- You have a great writing voice and excellent copywriting skills.
- You possess strong research and analytical ability.
- You are organized and highly detail-oriented.
- You have a demonstrated history of hard work and hustle.
- Prior recruiting, consulting, or banking experience a big plus.
- Prior email marketing experience a plus.
In your cover letter, please include your answers to the following:
- What does social commerce mean to you?
- Share with us your thoughts on a recent innovation in the ecommerce space.
- What is the best deal you’ve ever done? (It could be a lemonade stand.)
- How would you approach an executive at a company via a cold email?
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, send your email with your resume and cover letter attached to Richie Hecker at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
inSparq is looking for a sharp intern that wants hands-on experience in the hot field of social commerce.
We are building industry momentum and already have customers using our products. It’s an opportunity to be part of the development of a new company with the wind at its back. Our ethos is built around bootstrapping and being efficient while having fun. We’re a close-knit team looking for a great person to join our ranks.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- You will learn to coordinate marketing
- You will produce events and webinars
- You’ll learn email marketing super powers
- You’ll create our social media and content
- You have experience and addiction to social media tools.
- You possess an excellent writing voice and employ clear and inciting language.
- You are organized and operationally savvy.
- You have a hunger to learn and proactively contribute to a startup.
In order to apply, please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- What do you think is the future of social commerce?
- What is the importance of analytics and what data do you think is important to track in e-commerce?
- Please share a writing sample.
- Have you produced events before?
- How would you rank your technology and social media savvy?
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Richie Hecker at email@example.com.
Sales & BD Executive
inSparq is looking for an experienced sales and business development executive who wants to work with retailers to transform the ecommerce landscape.
Through this role, you will gain hands-on experience in the hot field of fashion tech and social commerce. You will be joining our close-knit team who are all passionate about helping retailers connect customers with products they love. This is an opportunity to join a new company with the wind at its back.
Prior experience selling into enterprise retail clients is a must. You will be responsible for initiating contact with prospects, identifying customer needs, managing the sales cycle, and developing and presenting proposals of inSparq solutions to eCommerce companies.
The sales and business development executive will be expected to consistently meet and exceed revenue targets by driving new business and uncovering opportunities for growth in existing accounts. Attractive candidates will have a strong consultative sales approach, a passion for the industry and a relentless ability to move deals to close.
Locations: New York, NY
- Navigate entirety of sales process including prospecting, making initial presentations, understanding business needs, developing proposals, negotiating contracts and closing deals.
- Drive revenue growth with new and existing customers.
- Consistently meet and exceed quarterly revenue targets.
- Collaborate with Product, Product Marketing and Client Services teams to achieve revenue goals.
- Being an awesome contribution to our team.
- BA/BS degree required.
- 5-7 years of experience as a top performing sales executive.
- Proven history of selling enterprise software at price points of $50,000/year or greater.
- Comfort in high energy, hard-working, close-knit team environment. Prior successful experience in startups preferred.
- Experience selling new, innovative products.
- Prior success selling into complex environments.
- Good understanding of the eCommerce, retail, and digital marketing ecosystem.
- Strong rolodex in eCommerce.
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills.
- Desire to learn and proactively contribute to a startup.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Work in a fun fast-paced environment with an opportunity to shape the company’s future.
- Get connected with the movers and shakers in the industry (we will make interesting introductions for you).
- Work in fashion tech and social commerce – the hottest and fastest growing sector of the ecommerce and retail industry.
In order to apply, please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Why do you want to work in this space?
- What is the most important thing to keep in mind when selling a startup technology?
- What’s your secret to success? What has made you win in the past?
Please send your resume and cover letter to Richie Hecker at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is highly competitive and available for immediate hire. All candidate submissions will be considered.