inSparq is a New York tech startup that is re-inventing how products are sold online. We are taking what is most compelling about real-world shopping and building solutions that improve product discovery and social engagement for major retailers. The company is backed by an amazing group of angels and VCs, and has deep connections into the NYC startup ecosystem.
- “Start a Hackathon” – BizWomen Features inSparq CEO.
- Fashion Digital After Party
- Intern: Junior Product Manager
- Intern: Business Development
- Sales & BD Executive
“Start a Hackathon” – BizWomen Features inSparq CEO.
inSparq CEO Veronika Sonsev recently participated in a panel at Eileen Fisher that was organized to help the company learn about technology.
The panel was covered by BizWomen. The key take away from Veronika was to start a hackathon –
“One of the most interesting examples is Sears, which is in a period of reinvention as a business,” she said. “They want to partner with other people to get technology into their business.”
“So the company started organizing hackathons: They would bring in outside teams, lay out the business challenges they needed help with and then let those teams get to work solving problems.
The effect is two-fold: Sears gets to look at a lot of potential solutions all at once, and it gets a chance to try out a working relationship before signing on with an outside firm.”
For more info, read the article here.
Fashion Digital After Party
We want to thank everyone who joined us for the Fashion Digital After Party! It was great catching up with old friends and making some new ones.
A special thank you shout out to our partners and cohosts: SmartGift, DataPop and dotMailer.
You can see some of the photos on our Facebook page here, or below:
Intern: Junior Product Manager
At inSparq, we help major retailers connect their shoppers with items they love. We are seeking a Junior Product Manager intern to support our product development efforts. As a Product intern at inSparq, you will operate at the unique intersection of UX, business, and technology. inSparq’s Product team works closely with our engineers to steer products from conception to launch and with our clients to custom tailor our products to their needs. You will:
- Work with engineers to drive products and features from concept to launch
- Collaborate with business partners to develop strategies tailored to their current needs and anticipate their future ones
- Work cross-functionally across all teams in the company, from Sales and Marketing to Engineering
- Understand and analyze user needs
- Help to define a product vision and strategy
- Work in a dynamic start-up environment to build and launch new products and features
- Currently pursuing BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Mathematics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance, Statistics or a related program or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organization and analytical abilities
- Strong technical abilities
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Orian Breaux at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intern: Business Development
Are you interested in a career in business development? Do you want to be a master strategist and dealmaker? Do you excel at Excel and PowerPoint, but want to up your game?
If you answered “YES” to the questions above, then you should consider applying to inSparq’s Business Development Internship program.
You will learn from one of the leading business development executives in the industry:
- How to get a meeting with a top executive or CEO.
- How to develop and execute on large scale business development strategies.
- How to manage operations for business development.
Your internship will be the equivalent of getting an MBA in business development.
Through this internship, you will have a chance to work closely with the CEO, Veronika Sonsev, who has closed hundreds of deals representing $500MM+ in revenue.
- You know how to tell a story and have great presentation in all forms of communication.
- You are a master of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- You have a great writing voice and excellent copywriting skills.
- You possess strong research and analytical ability.
- You are organized and highly detail-oriented.
- You have a demonstrated history of hard work and hustle.
- Prior recruiting, consulting, or banking experience a big plus.
- Prior email marketing experience a plus.
In your cover letter, please include your answers to the following:
- What does social commerce mean to you?
- Share with us your thoughts on a recent innovation in the ecommerce space.
- What is the best deal you’ve ever done? (It could be a lemonade stand.)
- How would you approach an executive at a company via a cold email?
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, send your email with your resume and cover letter attached to Richie Hecker at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sales & BD Executive
inSparq is looking for an experienced sales and business development executive who wants to work with retailers to transform the ecommerce landscape.
Through this role, you will gain hands-on experience in the hot field of fashion tech and social commerce. You will be joining our close-knit team who are all passionate about helping retailers connect customers with products they love. This is an opportunity to join a new company with the wind at its back.
Prior experience selling into enterprise retail clients is a must. You will be responsible for initiating contact with prospects, identifying customer needs, managing the sales cycle, and developing and presenting proposals of inSparq solutions to eCommerce companies.
The sales and business development executive will be expected to consistently meet and exceed revenue targets by driving new business and uncovering opportunities for growth in existing accounts. Attractive candidates will have a strong consultative sales approach, a passion for the industry and a relentless ability to move deals to close.
Locations: New York, NY
- Navigate entirety of sales process including prospecting, making initial presentations, understanding business needs, developing proposals, negotiating contracts and closing deals.
- Drive revenue growth with new and existing customers.
- Consistently meet and exceed quarterly revenue targets.
- Collaborate with Product, Product Marketing and Client Services teams to achieve revenue goals.
- Being an awesome contribution to our team.
- BA/BS degree required.
- 5-7 years of experience as a top performing sales executive.
- Proven history of selling enterprise software at price points of $50,000/year or greater.
- Comfort in high energy, hard-working, close-knit team environment. Prior successful experience in startups preferred.
- Experience selling new, innovative products.
- Prior success selling into complex environments.
- Good understanding of the eCommerce, retail, and digital marketing ecosystem.
- Strong rolodex in eCommerce.
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills.
- Desire to learn and proactively contribute to a startup.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Work in a fun fast-paced environment with an opportunity to shape the company’s future.
- Get connected with the movers and shakers in the industry (we will make interesting introductions for you).
- Work in fashion tech and social commerce – the hottest and fastest growing sector of the ecommerce and retail industry.
In order to apply, please answer the following questions in your cover letter:
- Why do you want to work in this space?
- What is the most important thing to keep in mind when selling a startup technology?
- What’s your secret to success? What has made you win in the past?
Please send your resume and cover letter to Richie Hecker at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is highly competitive and available for immediate hire. All candidate submissions will be considered.